Causes the tabby cat’s eyes keep tearing
1. Tears, yellow sticky eye feces in the inner corners of the eyes, you can see a few eyelashes growing into the eyes; usually both eyes have this symptom. It is more common in cats with flat faces (Persian cats, etc.). This is trichiasis. Generally cats do not have eyelashes, and some cats with long eyelashes will have this disease. The doctor needs an operation to prevent the eyelashes from growing. Do not pull out the eyelashes by yourself. The cat’s eyelashes, if any, are often very short, and accidentally hurt her eyes.
2. One or two eyes with tears, yellow sticky eye feces in the inner corners of the eyes, red and swollen conjunctiva; cats may blink and wink too frequently, and may see the third eyelid (in the inner corner). Has the cat ever been to a dusty place? Is it possible that he has been to your cabinet and got some irritating things such as pepper into his eyes? Is there any cat hair in the eyes? Is there some inflammation, such as rhinotracheitis Or pneumonia. The cat’s eyes may have conjunctivitis. The conjunctiva is a transparent film on the outside of the eyeball. Allergies can also cause conjunctivitis. Mild conjunctivitis can be treated by itself. First of all, do not let the cat go to the place that causes the irritation. If it is caused by the cat’s hair, cut the hair that is easy to get into the eyes on the face. Wash her eyes with a cotton ball dipped in warm water 2-3 times a day, and then use the eye wash water bought in the drugstore, such as Visine, Murine or artificial tears, to give her eyes. If this treatment does not improve in one day, you need to see a doctor. The doctor will prescribe you eye drops or ointment for anti-inflammatory, 3-4 times a day. If it is caused by allergies, she may be prescribed some anti-allergic drugs.
3. Two eyes are tearing, yellow sticky eye feces in the inner corners of the eyes, and the lower eyelids turn inward; the cornea may turn red, or blink and wink too frequently. This is entropion. More common in Persian cats. Because the eye cleft is too narrow, the eyeball cannot be fixed well. You need to see a doctor for surgical correction. The doctor may give her eye drops or ointment for anti-inflammatory. If you can’t see a doctor right away, give your cat artificial tears every four hours to make him feel better.
4. The inner side of the eyeball is covered by a translucent membrane, and it is tearful; the eyeball may look protruding or sink into the eye socket. You may also blink and wink too frequently. The translucent membrane is the cat’s third eyelid and should not be visible under normal conditions. There are many reasons for the protruding third eyelid, including sedatives. If the cat is not sedated, it is sick. The doctor will prescribe you eye drops or ointment or medicine for anti-inflammatory. You can put a drop or two of cod liver oil in the eyes of the cat
Tabby daily care methods
Take a bath
The number of bathing tabby cats should be determined according to the season and physical hygiene. Most tabby cats live indoors and are generally kept relatively clean. Washing once every 2-3 months is sufficient.
Bathing methods usually include wet washing and dry cleaning:
Wet washing: The water temperature should be controlled at about 40 degrees Celsius. When it is in the water, gently sprinkle the water on the body with your hands. After the fur is soaked, use the special shampoo for dogs and tabby cats to scrub the fur. First wash the lower part of the body and dirty areas, such as the limbs, lower end of the tail, around the anus, lower abdomen, and finally wash the head and ears. Rinse the shampoo with clean water, otherwise it is easy to cause skin diseases. Dry the hair with a dry bath towel after washing. If you use a hair dryer, pay attention to the distance and location of the hair to avoid scorching their fur. You can comb it while blowing, so that the hair doesn’t clump together. When washing the head, keep the tabby cat’s nose facing up and hold it firmly to prevent the shampoo from flowing into the eyes. In particular, it is important to prevent sewage and cleaning agents from flowing into the ears. Don’t let the shampoo irritate its eyes.
Dry cleaning: Use a special cleansing powder or water agent and sprinkle it on the hair for scrubbing. Dry cleaning is usually used for tabby cats who are less than 4 months old or who are not suitable for bathing and are prone to colds. Sprinkle dry cleaning powder on the hair for 15 to 20 minutes and then remove the dry cleaning powder completely. When removing these dry-cleaning powder, wipe it against the direction of the hair, and be careful not to let the powder fly into the eye sockets or nostrils of the tabby cat. It is best not to use the dry cleaning method for a long time. Tabby cats over 4 months old should be bathed with water regularly.
Clean the mouth
Owners provide regular dental care for tabby cats, which can effectively slow down the formation of dental plaque that can cause periodontitis. The care methods are as follows:
The most effective way is to brush your teeth. Here are two ways to brush your teeth:
1. Use a soft towel or sterile gauze to clean the teeth of the tabby cat, and then use cotton wool soaked in garlic juice to rub the teeth and gums. If you find any food left in the teeth, you can use tweezers to pick it out. Using oral fresheners and adding a small amount to the drinking water of tabby cats daily can also clean the mouth.
2. If the tooth has tartar, please take it to a professional animal hospital for examination and ask a doctor to deal with it.
3. Usually pay attention to a balanced diet of tabby cats, and prepare food according to their breed and age. A balanced diet can provide the necessary calcium and phosphorus for dental health. It is best not to feed the bones, as this may damage their teeth, cause tooth cracks and cause pain.
4. Feed tabby cats as little as possible of thin and soft food. Except in special circumstances, it is not recommended to consume canned food for a long time or soak dry food in water. If long-term consumption of soft foods, the teeth of old tabby cats are easy to loosen, and food residues are easy to deposit in the teeth to breed bacteria. Clean the ears-the ear canal of tabby cats is easy to accumulate wax, dust or moisture. If it is not removed frequently, it can easily cause inflammation of the ear canal. Therefore, daily cleaning of the ears is very important. When cleaning the ear canal, be sure to use a dedicated ear cleaner instead of water. The specific operation can be demonstrated by a professional veterinarian. There are many cases of ear diseases, and random medication without diagnosis can easily cause many complications. You should consult a professional veterinarian in time.
Eyes often have some secretions that stick to the corners of the eyes or flow to the lower eyelids. In most cases, just wipe them off gently with a wet cotton ball or paper towel. Be careful not to wash both eyes with the same cotton ball to avoid cross infection.
Tabby cat nails are the best weapon for climbing, hunting and defense. Usually tabby cats will constantly look for rough surfaces to grind their claws. In addition to using scratches to mark the territory, they also need to peel off the outer layer of the nail tip in this way to expose the sharper new layer below.
Grinding claws is an instinct of tabby cats. They use this method to “maintain” their nails. Most tabby cats can take care of their nails by themselves, but if the nails grow too fast or too long, this will cause a lot of trouble for the tabby cat and even cause disease. If we spend a little time each week trimming the nails of tabby cats, it can also relieve their urge to scratch furniture. When cutting the nails, lightly press on the soles of the tabby cat’s feet to expose the nails. Just cut off the transparent horny part of the front end, and don’t touch the pink tender meat, where the peripheral nerves are very rich. The ten fingers connect the heart, and the tabby cat will be very painful.
Sharp special nail clippers should be used. Tabby cats have limited tolerance for this. It is best to do it all before it starts to become irritable. If you are irritable after only cutting one or two paws, you must let him go. Don’t let the tabby cat associate nail cutting with being forced to avoid future troubles. If you can give them some small compliments and rewards after cutting their nails, tabby cats will adapt quickly.
The tabby cat is a very demanding animal, it spends a lot of time every day to clean itself carefully. Owners need patience to help them groom and keep them clean. Generally, short-haired tabby cats can do it twice a week, but long-haired tabby cats need more time to take care of. Combing not only keeps the fur clean, tidy and smooth, but also helps to remove the shed hair and dead skin, helps promote blood circulation and strengthen muscles.